When working inside your home we understand that painting can be disruptive. We will always do our best to minimize the inconvenience to your family and your pets. We take great care to protect your home and valuables at all times. If you are having several areas of your home painted we will try to paint them in a schedule that will work best for you.
Protection Of Your Home and Property
The flooring and carpet will be covered in drop cloths and any other surfaces or furniture left in the space will be protected with plastic. Hardware or light fixtures that can’t be removed will be masked off.
Daily Clean Up
We clean as we work on the job and on larger projects we do a daily clean up so that your home can keep functioning as normal as possible.
- Nails or fasteners will be removed and the holes patched and sanded, unless you want the hole left to re-hang items in the same spot.
- Imperfections in the walls will be patched and sanded
- The entire wall surfaces will be given a light sanding to ensure a smooth finish
- Trim work will be sanded
- Gaps and cracks in moldings, window and door trim and baseboards will be caulked
A high quality interior paint that is suitable for the specific surfaces will be applied. We take pride in creating smooth walls free of drips and rolling lines. Our cut in lines are straight and trim work is showcased with a beautiful finish. We apply two coats of paint to the walls and trims and ceilings. Rarely is it acceptable to use only one coat of paint. An example might be a room that is just being freshened up with the exact same paint product and colour. In some cases extreme colour changes may require a primer or three coats of paint.
We are continually checking our work as we go and do a full inspection when we are done. Before we leave and ask for payment we have the customer do a walk through to ensure everything is to your satisfaction.
Our professionalism doesn’t end with the painting. One of the most frequent compliments we get is about the clean up at the end of our work day and at the end of the job. You should hardly know we were there. Dust and debris is cleaned and swept, garbage is removed and any empty paint cans are taken to away to be recycled.
What The Customer Can Do Prior To Our Arrival
Unless there has been prior discussion for us to assist we would ask that our customers prepare for our arrival by doing the following:
- Remove pictures and decorative items from the walls as well as smaller and delicate items from the areas being painted.
- Large furniture can usually be placed in the center of the room, we will inform you of how much space we will need to paint.
- It’s helpful if the home owner can vacuum or sweep paying particular attention to dirt and debris that might be up against the baseboards where we will be painting. If the baseboards are particularly dirty or dusty wipe them with a damp cloth.
- We will remove door knobs, hardware, switch plate and outlet covers before we paint, but if you wish to remove them prior to our arrival you may do so. We can usually remove the blinds for you, but would prefer if the homeowner removes their own curtains and stores them out of the painting area.
Please call us prior or during your painting if you have any questions or concerns. We will be happy to discuss them with you.
Many of our interior projects can be viewed in our portfolio of work :