A Little History Of Parnell Painting
Jack has spent most of his working years dealing with paint in some form or another. Prior to starting his own business in 2003 he was a sales representative and a store manager for a major paint company. Jack also took an opportunity to be the lead hand painter for the beautiful Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise hotel. He enjoyed a few years in the Rocky Mountains until Vancouver Island started to call him back home.
Jack’s background and experience in the paint industry has become very valuable for the business. His expertise ensures that the correct product will always be chosen for the job, along with the proper preparation and application method.
Audrey is the third generation painter in her family. She gained exposure to the industry during her childhood while her father ran his own business. For the first few years after Parnell Painting started she painted part time while also working as a pharmacy technician. In 2007 she joined Jack to work fulltime for the business. In addition to being a great painter Audrey has a good eye for decorating and colour. She also created and manages the website for Parnell Painting and takes all of the photos.
From the start of the company the objective was to provide excellent service and quality. By choice the business has been kept to the two of us. This allows us to provide a personal service to our customers. Not relying on employees means we have complete control over the quality of the work.
We have developed an efficient way of working together. We enjoy what we do and love seeing the end results we can create. We have done all kinds of jobs over the years from numerous residential repaints, rental properties and new construction houses. We are careful in our scheduling making sure to never over book. Once we start your project it is our priority until it is complete.
Why Hire Parnell Painting?
- Firstly, we listen to our customers and their concerns and make sure we are going to meet their expectations for the project.
- We are professional at all times and show respect for your property, home, family and your pets.
- Our quotes are clear and straightforward, there will be no surprises.
- We take the time to do the proper prep work. We ensure all surfaces are ready to receive a paint application that is not only going to look good, but isn’t going to fail.
- Our work speaks for itself, please review our photo galleries. We won’t leave any job that we don’t feel proud of. We have an extensive list of references that are provided with every quote we give.
- Our commitment to leaving a clean work space each day means you will hardly know we were there. Other than the beautiful newly painted space of course!
- We give you peace of mind knowing that you have hired a company that is licenced, fully insured and in good standing with WorkSafeBC. You can also relax knowing your home is in good hands. With only the two of us in the space there is no need to worry about other employees that may not have the same dedication to our company as we do. We are often entrusted with house keys to have full access while clients are at work or on holidays.
What Are We Up To When We Are Not Holding Paint Brushes?
We both have a passion for traveling. Back in our younger days we took a break from “ordinary life” and traveled around the world for almost a year and half.
We love to cook and try different recipes. We try to get outside to enjoy our local surroundings and nature as much as our westcoast weather will allow us to.
When Audrey doesn’t have a paint brush in her hands there’s a good chance she’s holding a camera. Jack also shares a love of photography and was the one to first introduce her to it. This was back in the days of film on his old AE-1 Canon camera.
In his spare time Jack likes to dabble in woodwork and enjoys gardening.
We look forward to working with you and improving the beauty of your space.
Jack and Audrey Parnell