History Of Parnell Painting
This small Nanaimo painting company is owned and operated by long time residents Jack and Audrey Parnell.
Jack has worked with paint in some capacity for most of his professional career. Prior to starting his own business in 2003 he was a sales representative and a store manager for a major paint company. He took an opportunity to be the lead hand painter for the beautiful Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise hotel. After a few years of enjoying the Rocky Mountains, Vancouver Island started to beckon him back.
Jack’s background and experience in the paint industry have become very valuable for the business. His knowledge ensures that the right product along with the appropriate preparation and application method will be selected for the job.
Audrey is a third generation painter in her family, her father and grandfather were both painters. She was exposed to the industry as a child while her father ran his own business.
For the first few years after Parnell Painting started Audrey painted part time while also working as a pharmacy technician. In 2007 she joined Jack to work full time for the business. In addition to being an excellent painter, Audrey has a keen sense of design and colour. She created and maintains the Parnell Painting website and takes of all of the photography.
The goal of the company has always been to deliver exceptional service and quality. By choice Parnell Painting has been kept to just the two of us. This enables us to provide our customers a truly personal service. Not having to rely on employees means we have complete control over all aspects of the business and the quality of the work.
We have developed an efficient method of working together. We enjoy what we do and love seeing the results that we create. We have done numerous types of jobs over the years from rental properties to new construction houses. We now specialize in exterior and interior repaints of homes, whether it be a house, townhouse, patio home or condo. We are careful in our scheduling making sure to never over book. We only take on one project at a time. Once we start your project it is our sole priority until it is complete.
Why Hire Parnell Painting?
- Firstly, we listen to our customers and their concerns and make sure we will meet their expectations and achieve their project goals.
- We conduct ourselves professionally and show respect for your property, home, family and pets.
- There won’t be any surprises, our quotes are detailed and straightforward with a fixed price.
- We take the time to do the proper prep work. We ensure all surfaces are ready to receive a paint application that is not only going to look good, but isn’t going to fail.
- We use a dustless sanding system with a certified Hepa filter. This keeps your home cleaner and provides ourselves and your household a safer air quality to breath.
- Our commitment is to leaving an organized work space each day. At the end of the job you should hardly know we were there, other than the beautiful newly painted space of course!
- Peace of mind with a company that is licenced, carries liability insurance and is in good standing with WorkSafeBC. You can rest easy knowing your home is in good hands. With simply the two of us in the space there is no need to be concerned about other employees that may not be as dedicated to our company as we are.
- You can rest easy knowing your home is in good hands. With simply the two of us in the space there is no need to be concerned about employees that may not be as dedicated to our company as we are. We are frequently entrusted with house keys so we can complete jobs while clients are at work or on holiday.
The high caliber of our work speaks for itself. You can explore our interior and exterior projects in our portfolio of exterior work and portfolio of interior work. An extensive list of references is included with every quote and further client endorsements can be viewed here: Parnell Painting Testimonials.
What Are We Up To When We Are Not Painting?
We both have a strong passion for traveling. We’ve taken numerous road trips and have seen a lot of the world. We took a year and a half off from “ordinary life” to travel around Africa, Asia and Europe in our younger years. We enjoy cooking and experimenting with new recipes. We love gardening and try to get outside to enjoy our beautiful island as much as our west coast weather will allow us to. Audrey is likely to be holding a camera when she is not wielding a paint brush and Jack enjoys dabbling in woodworking in his leisure time.