Protection of your home and property
Preparation and Cleaning
- Cleaning of deposits, dirt, mold or mildew
- Mask or remove hardware, downspouts and fixtures and put them back up when we are finished
- Scraping and/or sanding of any loose product or paint down to a sound surface
- Caulking where necessary of joints, door and window frames and trims
- Prime any bare surfaces
- Seal wood knots and “saps” to prevent them bleeding through the finish coat
We provide the same attention to detail when doing an exterior project as we do with an interior one. Two coats of high quality exterior paint product suitable for the surfaces will be applied.
After we have carefully inspected our work, the customer will be asked that everything is to their satisfaction.
At the end of each work day your home and yard will be left tidy and organized. Garbage and painting equipment will be taken away. Empty paint cans will be removed. We take all of our left over cans and paint products to a recycling center. Any left over paint will be given to the customer if they wish for future use and for making reference to the paint colour.
Exterior Painting Schedule
Please keep in mind that unlike interior painting, doing work outside can have it’s limitations due to weather. If a problem occurs due to weather we will return to the job site as soon as possible. The exterior season can fill up fast, call early for an estimate and get your work booked to avoid scrambling for a painter before the season ends.
What The Customer Can Do Prior To Our Arrival
If the customer can do the following it will allow us to do our work more efficiently:
- If possible cut back or trim shrubs and bushes touching the house
- Take down any plant materials or any trellis on the house unless you have made prior arrangements with us to do our best to paint around them
- Remove any decorative items from the house and on the ground around your house if they will be in the way
- Please make sure automatic sprinklers will not go off during the painting, and ask when it will be okay to put them back on if they will be getting painted surfaces wet
- Take into consideration any alarm systems you have in place, make sure we will not be setting them off while we work
Please call us prior to or during your painting if you have any questions or concerns. We will be happy to discuss them with you.
See our Album Of Exterior Work