The Benefits Of Hiring A Professional To Paint Your House Exterior
It could be said that exterior painting requires even more in-depth knowledge than interior painting. We have over 20 years of painting experience. We know how to correctly prepare various substrates and which paint product is most suitable for each particular job.
Trying to paint your home’s exterior on your own can be a daunting and time-consuming task. Your pain-staking efforts may end up making it look unappealing. We’ve seen our fair share of paint on surfaces where it shouldn’t be due to homeowners not having the patience or the skills to do the work well. This is where the benefits of hiring a professional painter come in. We have the expertise and tools to do the job correctly and make your home look great.
As professional house painters, we do this work day in and day out. We have gained efficient methods to get the job done much quicker than most homeowners would be capable of. We are experienced and comfortable working with the ladders, tools, and equipment required and can get the job done safely. Homeowners can have peace of mind knowing that we carry WorkSafe BC and liability insurance. You can utilize our help to come up with colour ideas that can modernize and bring a fresh new look to your home.
Step By Step Exterior Painting Process
Preparation And Cleaning
We will make the necessary preparations to get your home and property ready for exterior painting.
- Surfaces will be protected such as your driveway, sidewalks, patios, decking and railings with drop sheets or plastic.
- We will have a prior discussion regarding your plants and shrubs. We can often gently pull them away from the house and cover them with protective cloths. In some cases we will request that they be trimmed back for ladder access.
- The surfaces being painted will be cleaned of debris, dirt, mildew and algae with a soft wash method, we do not pressure wash house exteriors. You can read more about why you should not pressure wash your house.
- Mask or remove hardware, downspouts and fixtures and put them back up when we are finished
- Scraping and/or sanding of any loose product or paint down to a sound surface
- Caulking where necessary of joints, door and window frames and trims
- Prime any bare wood surfaces or apply speciality primers to any other surfaces that require it
Applying High Quality Paint Products For A Long Lasting Finish
We provide the same attention to detail when doing an exterior project as we do with an interior one. You can be confident that your paint job will last for years to come. Two coats of high-quality exterior paint product that is suitable for the surfaces will be applied.
We continuously check our work as we paint and do a thorough inspection at the end. We make sure the customer is satisfied before we consider the job complete.
At the end of each work day, your home and yard will be left tidy and organized. Garbage and painting equipment will be taken away. Empty paint cans will be taken away for recycling. Any leftover paint will be given to the customer if they wish for future use and for referring to the paint colour.
From Our Customers
We would like to thank Jack and Audrey Parnell for the excellent job that they did painting the exterior of our home. The home was a bright white and we wanted a colour change to make it warmer and to better integrate with the neighbouring homes. We first learned about Parnell Painting on-line. They have vast experience with both interior and exterior painting. Their experience and dedication were put to great use on our home. Jack and Audrey planned how and when they would paint each area of the home. Brush, roller and spray painting were all used and for a perfect job, each requires knowledge and experience. When to paint each wall was determined by sun and wind exposure and the amount of time required before a second coat would be applied. Parnell Painting is meticulous and take pride in their work. We are delighted with the results of their work and recommend their professional and friendly services.
Ron and Heather Bell, Nanaimo B.C.
Parnell Painting is exactly what you want in a contractor. They are courteous, methodical and professional. They arrive on time and treat their customers with respect, but more importantly, they provide solid advice and do excellent work. They were neither the least nor the most expensive company, but my wife and I certainly feel that we got our money’s worth. There were no hidden charges and no surprises. We have already recommended this company to one of our neighbours.
Brad Maguire, Nanaimo B.C.
Jack painted the exterior stucco walls and tudor style woodwork of our two-storey home. The work was bid very competitively, and was carried out on time, professionally, courteously, and to a high standard of quality. We heartily recommend Parnell Painting for your next painting project.
Ian and Yvonne M. Nanaimo, B.C
Scheduling Of Exterior Painting
Unlike interior painting, we can’t give fixed start or finishing dates for our exterior painting. We are at the complete mercy of Mother Nature. What we can assure you is that we do not bounce around from job to job, we only work on one at a time. If we get delayed due to bad weather your home will remain our full priority. We will return to finish painting as soon as the weather allows.
Due to the small nature of our company we do a limited amount of exterior houses each year. We do not book mass volumes of exterior work and hire seasonal workers accordingly. We start taking our exterior bookings in early spring and only book as much work as we feel confident that we can finish in the current exterior season.
What The Customer Can Do Prior To Our Arrival
If the customer can do the following it will allow us to do our work more efficiently:
- If possible cut back or trim shrubs and bushes touching the house
- Take down any plant materials or trellis on the house unless you have made prior arrangements with us to do our best to paint around them.
- Remove any decorative items from the house and on the ground around your house if they will be in the way.
- Please make sure automatic sprinklers will not go off during the painting, and ask when it will be okay to put them back on if they will be getting the painted surfaces wet. (It’s best to have your sprinklers set so that they don’t hit your house at any time)
- Take into consideration any alarm systems you have in place, make sure we will not be setting them off while we work.
Our customers can feel free to contact us prior to the start of the exterior painting or during the process if they have questions or concerns. We are happy to discuss them with you.
You can trust Parnell Painting as a reputable exterior house painting company that stands by our high quality of work. We can help you modernize your house exterior with a new colour combination or refresh with the current colours. Either way, we will take pride in the finished look we give to your home.
Examples of our work can be seen in our Exterior Painting Portfolio